Now that you are enjoying your beautiful soapstone kitchen countertop it’s time to get to work, clear the clutter and enhance the look of your entire kitchen.
The first order of business is to stow away those appliance that you don’t use on a daily basis. The ones that come to mind include the bread maker, crock-pot, rice maker, espresso machine, and yes the George Forman grill. You know the culprits.
Now that your space is cleared here are a few decorating ideas to get you started:
- Candles always add warmth and coziness to any space. Purchase a pair of inexpensive glass hurricane lamps, add a candle, and surround it with materials that reflect the season. Cranberries, lentils, beans, sand, and coffee beans all look natural and beautiful.
- Keep your dish soap in a soap dispenser or pretty glass bottle.
- If you use bar soap next to your sink, take a small shallow dish, fill it with small pebbles or glass stones (from the craft store) to create a unique soap dish.
- A small bouquet of fresh flowers will bring the outside inside. Also consider a few pots of herbs near the window.
- A mini table-scape on the serving tray can be practical as well as decorative. Try two coffee cups, a sugar bowl, decorative napkins, and spoons. For wine lovers, a few wine glasses and a bottle of wine can do the trick.
- A bowl or basket of seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables such as apple, squash, oranges, peppers, lemons and limes can add a splash of color especially to corner spaces.
When you are all done, sit back and enjoy your new soapstone kitchen countertop.