We love everything Soapstone, so we were excited when we saw Forbes Magazine’s recent article, “Why Soapstone Is Ideal for Kitchen Countertops and Sinks.” The article offers a detailed overview of soapstone, from its history to origin and its most common applications today.
The article also notes the many benefits of soapstone countertops:
- Soapstone is non-porous
- Soapstone is durable and dense
- Soapstone is a maintenance-free material
- Soapstone is resistant to bacteria, stains, acids, chemicals, wine, and heat
- Soapstone does not require sealing, keeping chemicals out of the kitchen
- Soapstone thaws food quickly because it absorbs the temperature of its environment
Beyond its practical benefits, this beautiful natural stone adds style to both traditional and modern spaces. It develops a beautiful patina with age, which can be allowed to evolve naturally or evened and deepened by oil application.
The article, written by Sheri Koones, is a great overview of the benefits of using soapstone for indoor or outdoor countertops.
To read the complete article click here.
Check out M Teixeira Soapstone gallery of soapstone countertops.